This story was submitted by Ariana Gauba and Lauren Lin, both grade 10.
From April 21-26, more than 40 Harker DECA members attended the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) at the Orlando Convention Center.
“ICDC was a truly unique experience where I got to meet new people and network with people across the globe!” said Harker DECA’s 2023-24 VP of public relations, Gabriel Jacob Li, grade 10.
Throughout the conference, chapter members explored Orlando, visited Universal Studios and Disney’s Epcot Theme Park, and competed in their events. Harker DECA was extremely competitively successful, having multiple teams placed in the top 5, including Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making and Franchise Business Plan.
- Emily Mitnick and Gia Emelie, both grade 10, Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making
- Saahira Dayal, grade 10, Automobile Services Marketing
- Yena Yu, Amishi Gupta and Aashvi Ravi, all grade 9, Franchise Business Plan
- Chloe Lee, Cynthia Wang and Shreeya Merchia, all grade 11, Integrated Marketing Campaign- Service
- Andy Chung, Nelson Gou and Marcus Blennemann, all grade 10, Independent Business Plan
- Andrew Au and Edward Huang, both grade 11, Virtual Business Challenge- Accounting
- Tanvi Sivakumar, grade 9, Financial Consulting