- Harker Wins 23-13, Community Flocks to Davis Field for Homecoming 2015
- V-ball Named to Top 15, Football Crushes, XCountry Cruises and more!
- Athletics Have Begun! Football, Cross Country, Volleyball and Water Polo All Report In
- Four Harker Alums Listed Among the Most Impressive High School Graduates of 2015
- Reddy Named National Debate Champ; Team Members Break 44-year Record
- DECA Team Presenting in Finals of Finish Line Challenge
- Harker Team Takes Top Spot at Young Physics Tournament
- Three Harker Students Named Finalists in Intel STS, Most in the Country
- Harker Students Win Big in Western Region in DECA Stock Market Game
- Debaters Make Their Mark at Two Tournaments, Earn Bids for Tournament of Champions
Middle School Students Win Regional Science Bowl, Headed to National Competition in D.C.
The regional Science Bowl held at the NASA AMES Research Center in March was won by Harker’s team of Rishabh Chandra, Jonathan Ma and Michael Zhao, all grade 8, and Aneesh Samineni and David Zhu, both grade 7. This team will be headed to Washington, D.C., in late April to compete at the national competition. “The students have worked extremely hard to earn this title and deserve every bit of this success,” said Vandana Kadam, middle school mathematics department chair.
Upper school students Matthew Huang, grade 9, Stephanie Chen, grade 10 and Christopher Fu, also grade 10, coached the middle school students in preparation for the competition, visiting the middle school campus on Fridays after school. “They have put in an enormous amount of time, effort and energy into training the team and taking them to the top spot,” Kadam said. “They deserve the kudos along with the participants.”