- Vivace Earns High Marks at Heritage Festival, Invitation to Festival of Gold
- 18 Graduating Seniors Win National Merit Scholarships
- Golf Team Named Academic Team Champion; ’14 Alumnus gets Honorable Mention by Merc
- Harker Track and Field Stars Advance to Finals; US Golfers Make Harker History in Qualifying for Finals; MS Golfers are Champs for Fifth Straight Year
- UPDATE! Junior Takes First Place in National Engineering Symposium, Chooses Internship at Stanford
- Grade 6 Read-A-Thon a Bookworm’s Delight!
- Freshman Named Finalist in USA Computing Olympiad, Qualifies for Summer Training Camp
- Kindergartners Proudly Display Homemade Headwear During Spring Hat Parade and Egg Hunt
- Budding Middle- and Upper School Scientists Take Home a Range of Prizes From 2014 Synopsys Championship
- Golf Update! Golf Has Best Start Ever, Personal Bests for Track and Field and Senior Days Coming Up!
Middle School Students Win Regional Science Bowl, Headed to National Competition in D.C.
The regional Science Bowl held at the NASA AMES Research Center in March was won by Harker’s team of Rishabh Chandra, Jonathan Ma and Michael Zhao, all grade 8, and Aneesh Samineni and David Zhu, both grade 7. This team will be headed to Washington, D.C., in late April to compete at the national competition. “The students have worked extremely hard to earn this title and deserve every bit of this success,” said Vandana Kadam, middle school mathematics department chair.
Upper school students Matthew Huang, grade 9, Stephanie Chen, grade 10 and Christopher Fu, also grade 10, coached the middle school students in preparation for the competition, visiting the middle school campus on Fridays after school. “They have put in an enormous amount of time, effort and energy into training the team and taking them to the top spot,” Kadam said. “They deserve the kudos along with the participants.”